Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 18...A Time You Felt Passionate and Alive

Relay For Life

Ever since I was in high school I've made an attempt to do the Relay in some way...be it with a team or as a volunteer.  Last year I tried having my own team with my best friend...problem was lots of people wanted to do it, but when midnight rolled around there was just 3 of us to walk the night shift.  When I got up to use the bathroom at 3am and do some walking I really had some time to think...it was quiet and everything was lit with candles and it was beautiful.  It gave me time to reflect and be thankful for being alive and also time to think about those I had lost.  I'd like to do the Relay again this year, and I'd love to have another team, but I just can't swing it with only 3 of us...but I will go, even if to just walk some laps.

No comments:

Post a Comment